Urgent & Emergency Care
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 on base or 112 off base.
Spangdahlem Air Base doesn’t offer urgent or emergency care services.
If you’re unsure about whether you need urgent care, contact the Military Health System Nurse Advice Line to speak to a registered nurse. Visit MHSNurseAdviceLine.com to find your country-specific number or to use web and video chat. To learn about how TRICARE covers urgent care, visit the TRICARE Urgent Care page.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical situation (including mental health emergencies), call 911 on base or 112 off base immediately. Emergency care services treat life-threatening medical issues such as threats to your life, limbs, sight, or safety.
To learn about how TRICARE covers emergency care, visit the TRICARE Emergency Care page.
Medical emergencies are the sudden and unexpected onset of a medical condition that:
- Is threatening to life, limb, or eyesight;
- Requires immediate medical treatment; or
- Manifests painful symptoms that requires immediate response to alleviate suffering.
Call your primary care manager within 24 hours or the next business day after getting emergency care to get authorization and coordinate ongoing care.
Local Emergency Rooms
- St. Elisabeth Krankenhaus-Koblenzer Strasse 91, Wittlich
- The St. Elisabeth Krankenhaus offers 24/7 emergency services. It can treat trauma, surgical, internal medicine, OB/GYN and pediatric emergencies.
- For more information, please call 0651-1150.
- Marienhausklinik Bitburg-Krankenhaus Strasse 1, Bitburg
- The Marienhausklinkin offers 24/7 emergency services. It can treat ambulatory surgery, internal medicine and OB/GYN. The Marienhausklinik is NOT recommended for pediatric patients with the exception of basic care for minor trauma such as cuts and sprains. Children requiring emergency care will be stabilized and transferred to another hospital if necessary.
- For more information, please call 06561-640.
- Klinikum Mutterhaus der Borromaerinnen-Feldstrasse 16, Trier
- The Trier Mutterhaus offers 24/7 emergency services specializing in pediatric emergency care. It has a dedicated pediatric emergency room specializing in adolescent surgery, neurology, intensive care, ENT, and child / adolescent psychiatry.
- For more information, please call 0651-9470.
- Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Bruder- Nordallee 1, Trier
- The Trier Bruderhaus offers 24/7 emergency services and is the official state center for emergency care in Rhineland Palatine. It operates 14 specialist medical departments.
- For more information, please call 0651-2080.