Mental (Behavioral) Health
Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently.
While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance misuse conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Spangdahlem AB Mental Health Services
Our facility offers the following mental health services for active duty service members:
- Group and individual therapy, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Skills Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Group
- Walk-in services during duty hours
- Substance misuse services (outpatient education and/or treatment)
- Substance misuse prevention services
We also have additional on-base resources to assist with mental health needs for active duty service members and their families:
- Chaplain and Religious Affairs: 314-452-6711
- Military and Family Life Consultants
- Adult: (+49) 151-2557-6360
- Child and Youth: (+49) 151-2316-6628
- Military & Family Readiness Center: 314-452-6422
- Military OneSource: (+1) 800-342-9647
- Veterans Crisis Line: 988 and press 1, or text 838255
What TRICARE Covers
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care.
This includes both inpatient and outpatient care. Referrals not needed for active duty outpatient care.
Getting Mental Health Care
See a Complete List of Covered Services